Saturday, July 26, 2008

Crabtree and Evelyn Naturals Botanical Body Butter in Cocoa Butter, Nutmeg and Cardamom





Given Description:
TYPE: Cocoa Butter
ORIGIN: Central, South America
BENEFITS: Absorbs quickly, helps to moisturize dry, stressed skin and minimize stretch marks on your body.

Cocoa trees generally grow in Central and South America and produce a brown fruit with about three dozen long seeds (cocoa beans). This super body butter emollient is actually made during the manufacture of cocoa and chocolate. Although a solid at room temperature, Cocoa Butter melts on contact with the body, so absorbs quickly into the skin. Cocoa Butter is a good choice for body butters formulated for dry or stressed skin and is used by many women to minimize stretch marks




Sounds great doesn't it? This was given to me by my mum's friend, so it came in a really nice box as you can see.



This is how it looks like. Pity the jar is so small. I don't think you can really see from the picture, but it definitely is smaller than your average jar of body butter.








The cream is cream slightly tan colour. The smell of cardamom and nutmeg is really strong at first, but when you apply this on your body it smells more like cocoa. Let me tell you all, this cream is a GEM okay. It's REALLY good.



The texture is kind of hard at first, not really easy to scoop up, but it spreads really well on your body. As the description says, it melts on your body and becomes easier to spread as compared to when your scooping out of the jar.



I don't know if many will take to the scent, im fine with it but i guess those around my age like below 20 wouldn't like it so much cos it doesn't smell like your conventional sweet fruity lotion. But im fine with it really.




Takes a large amount to cover your legs arms and neck. This body butter is moisturizing and at the same time, not as greasy as others. It's taken me YEARS to find something like this. I've never found a body butter that is super moisturizing yet not greasy before, never even my life and this is one that is absolutely fantastic. Im telling you, use this and you'll love it. Doesn't stain my pajamas either, and they are satin so i guess this must be pretty good.




My stretch marks (yes im embarrassed to admit that i do have some around my thigh area) have also reduced a lot, not sure whether it's due to this cream but they have reduced in appearance. Don't know how much this cream costs, but i think it should be around $50? The last body butter from Crabtree and Evelyn was around that price range anyway. Pricey but GOOD. Trust me, you should get this.




The only bad point? The size. I just wish it were bigger. Haha!




Rating: ♥♥♥♥♥ Best body butter i've ever used in my life

No comments: