Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Benefit Eye Bright






Given Description:
This pale pink, brightening stick is a purse-sized pick-me-up for tired eyes.

To use: For an instant wide-awake look, apply a stroke to the inner and outer corners of each eye and blend.



This pencil is wider than most eyeliners, though this is not an eyeliner itself, and is about 11.5 cm (4 1/2 inches). The wooden pencil is easy to hold and grip, and it kind of reminds me of a crayon actually! It's also quite cute, pink font against a black background.



I got this because even though i do not have obvious eye circles, i still have them and i was looking for a way to conceal them. I do not think this is meant to be an under eye circle concealer. It's just something to brighten it up.




The colour is pale pink, with very slight shimmer in it. If i had not looked closer at it, i would have thought it was a pure matte pink pencil. I followed the directions and applied a little of this onto the inner and outer corner of the eye. The pencil is creamy, and comes out easily on to your skin. I applied this onto one eye only, to see if if there was a significant difference and blended. Then i checked the other eye and noticed one thing.... the eye i had applied this to still looked the same as the other eye. There was no significant difference.




Then i decided to line the bottom part of my eye with it. Bad decision. It wasn't very easy to blend, because i do not have a very oily under eye area so i kept tugging at my skin while trying to blend, which is a no-no. Tugging at your eye area incessantly will cause it to wrinkle and age very quickly. After my unsuccessful attempt to blend the stark pink line, i compared both eyes. Now my eye looked smaller than the other.




This was honestly not what i expected when i got this product. I would say this was a waste of my money, which could have been spent on better products.




I got this at the benefit counter in Tangs for $41 SGD. Definitely not worth it.



Rating: ♥ Nothing special at all.

No comments: