Friday, February 27, 2009

Coastal Scents Chianti and Bare Naked Glossi Glazes



The gorgeous little pots.



Left, Chianti Glossi Glaze. Right, Bare Naked Glossi Glaze


Glossi Glaze is made with an all natural base that is moisturizing, applies super glossy, thicker and creamier than other lip glosses and imparts beautiful, dazzling colors.

Glossi Glaze is made with an all natural base that is moisturizing, applies super glossy, thicker and creamier than other glosses, imparts beautiful dazzling colors and stays on longer than any other I have tried in my lifetime so far. This is not your daughters lip gloss from years ago, it is actually between a gloss and a lipstick that can be worn by all ages.

The lips are a focal point on your face, everyone looks at them when you speak, even when you are not someone will be watching.

Begin by pushing and swirling your lipbrush inside the pot, this allows it to melt a bit and load the hairs. It works the same with your finger, just begin swirling with a very slight pressure. You are now ready for application.

As quoted from Coastal Scents website.



For some reason, i find the little pots that house the product really cute. I guess it's the mixture of the round cover and square container that wins me over, and i have no idea why. It's small enough to slip into your pouch if you go out so that you can touch up wherever you are.






Left: Chianti Glossi Glaze. right, Bare Naked Glossi Glaze.



Let me start off with the Bare Naked Glossi Glaze.



I bought this because i was looking for a really nice nude lip gloss that i can pair with heavier eye makeup. The gloss has a caramel colour, and is shimmery.


I applied the lip gloss using my fingers, and i found it was more like a lip balm instead of a lip gloss. It's definitely creamier than other lip glosses, and doesn't have that immediate shiny effect. In fact, i thought it was a little bit too dull in terms of the shine so i wasn't really impressed.



I decided that hey, maybe i should use this for school because then i can moisturize my lips without having too much of that glossy look going on which is weird for school. So i applied this in the morning and after 3 hours, went for a break with my friends. My friend noticed i was wearing lip gloss, which i found surprising because i thought it was totally unnoticeable! Turns out i was wrong.


I applied this another time with a lip brush instead, and found out that it is more noticeable when applied with a lip brush, so, if you want more shine and colour, use a lipbrush but if not, then just use your fingers!



This gloss is perfect is you want a natural look without too much shine and it really moisturizes your lips. It also gives your natural lip colour a little bit more oomph. Great natural colour.



Chianti Glossi Glaze


I was really excited to try this one out, because i've been looking EVERYWHERE for the perfect dark red with a hint of plum lip colour and when i saw this on the coastal scents website, i thought it would be perfect.



However, the colour when applied to lips lacks the depth that i want. I used to not like this gloss so much because my hopes of finding the perfect dark red lip colour was dashed when the colour wasn't as intense as i would have liked it to be.



Theres a bright side to things though. Since im young, i realised that maybe such a strong dark red would look too mature and a stain would be better. This gloss works perfect as a red lip stain. Looks like crushed berries when you layer a lot of it on, which is perfect because it's not too dark such that it becomes unflattering. It also has a slight sheen to it, which makes lips look healthy and is not too shiny too. In fact, it gives a 'just made out with someone' vibe. The colour is also just right. Doesn't make you look like you overloaded on lipstick.



Thus, i conclude that both the Chianti and Bare Naked have impressed me such that i would want to keep using them over and over again. The prices are also impressive, with one lip gloss going for USD $5. I don't think you can beat such prices! Where to get them?


http://www.coastalscents.com/cfwebstore/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_id=69


You have to buy them online from the Coastal scents store. Order above $100 and domestic delivery will be free. I recommend you get the 88 colour palette too and the neutral palette because both are some of my most awesome makeup purchases. I have yet to review the 88 palette and when i have the time, i will get around to doing it. For now, im just having fun experimenting with all the colours and having fun.



Oh, and i forgot to mention, all of this is made with minerals, so i guess people with sensitive skin can also apply!



Rating: ♥♥♥♥♥ Cheap and fantastically good!

1 comment:

naomi said...

Thanks for your review! I was wondering if I should get the Bare Naked one. Unfortunately I already splurged on a Velvet Matte Lip Pencil from NARS (in Belle de Jour) - and it's also a nude color. I guess Glossi Glaze is different in that there's a gloss component to it, butttttt... Do I really need it? Sigh.